The San Mateo County Event Center is a public assembly facility which hosts a wide variety of events and produces the San Mateo County Fair and operates the Jockey Club, a satellite wagering facility for horseracing as well as Creative Touch Catering, a full-service catering, and food service operation. The Concessions Manager is responsible for all food & beverage functions at all the concession stands including special events as well as the restaurant operations (Turf Club) located within the Jockey Club.
- Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare weekly analysis of consumption/cost reports and maintain cost of sales and coordinate with Executive Chef for concessions and Turf Club.
- Monitor daily/weekly sales reports.
- Manage day to day Turf Club operations, manage operating costs and labor.
- Prepare payroll for assigned areas.
- Monitor concessions and restaurant payroll costs (limit overtime).
- Train cashiers to established policies and coordinate with Controller.
- Coordinate with Accounting Department to manage flow of vendor invoices and purchase orders specific to concessions and restaurant operations. Ensure all invoices are routed properly and in a timely fashion.
- Update and maintain databases, spreadsheets, reports, calendars, and other documents.
- Facilitate on-boarding and off-boarding of CTC employees, with the guidance of the Director of Sales & Event Services.
- Communicate with vendors, clients and employees when it pertains to concessions.
- Serve as client liaison for F&B management as needed to host pre and post briefings with clients to confirm or wrap-up event as it pertains to Concessions.
- Serve as back up F&B concession/restaurant location lead as needed. Facilitates the concession stand closing process (cashiering, counting inventory, and helping pack up for closing).
- Ensure the facility is maintained in a clean and organized fashion.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of the concession staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent spelling, grammar and written English skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit professionalism at all times.
- Must be able to work independently without constant supervision and also able to work as a team. Ability to handle multi-management reporting hierarchy.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Principles of effective management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and customers using principles of good customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure. Must be flexible and work with the changing work load and sudden shifts in priorities without losing focus on the “big picture.”
- Requires a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges as well as being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Requires being responsible, reliable and dependable to fulfill job obligations.
- Work long and irregular hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ServSafe and TIPS Certified or ability to become ServSafe and TIPS Certified.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties. Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be exposed to grease, smoke, fumes, solvents, chemicals, heat and sharp objects. Must be able to speak, hear and see. Vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.